Recipe by BeansnRice
From a Splenda cookbooklet.
Top Review by Sue Lau
Pretty good tasting overall with the walnuts. We all enjoyed. Not quite as chewy as I had hoped for, and they were also pretty flat in the pan. But perhaps a different size pan or doubling the recipe would help there? Thanks for sharing. ~Sue
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (no sugar added-like Musselman's)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8" x 8" baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cocoa, Splenda and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Stir in walnuts.
- In another bowl, combine margarine, applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract mixing well with a wire whisk.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix gently to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.