These are the absolute best I've found. Chewy, and the spices are just right. Great for Christmas to make your house smell all festive!
- Preheat oven to 350~.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake, you want them to be a little chewy.