Recipe by CandyTX
These are the absolute best I've found. Chewy, and the spices are just right. Great for Christmas to make your house smell all festive!
Top Review by alisoncooper_9540378
This is my great grandma's recipe!! I love this! In the Canadian Rockies, she added 1/4 water. She also put in 1 cup chopped nuts. Just as posted is the way I make it for my family in Florida. Thanks!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350~.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake, you want them to be a little chewy.