Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are the absolute best I've found. Chewy, and the spices are just right. Great for Christmas to make your house smell all festive!
- Preheat oven to 350~.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake, you want them to be a little chewy.
This is my great grandma's recipe!! I love this! In the Canadian Rockies, she added 1/4 water. She also put in 1 cup chopped nuts. Just as posted is the way I make it for my family in Florida. Thanks!!
This is the perfect cookie! Tastes great chewy or hard! I ran out of brown sugar...so I added 3/4 C brown sugar and 1 1/4 C white sugar. Still tasted fabulous! Thanks for the recipe.
AWESOME!!! The perfect oatmeal raisin cookie!!! Very soft chewy and best of all not flat!!! Out of shortening so I had to use 1 cup of margarine sticks and they turned out great!!!