Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Ok so I wasn't having much luck finding the right cookie texture, so I adapted this from a bunch of oatmeal cookies. A little of this , little of that. One secret to the chewy texture is I soak the raisins in hot water and hour before mixing them up, plus I added coconut to 'em. This recipe is a HIT, my middle daughter doesn't even LIKE raisens and she munches on these all the time.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter flvored shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 cups oats (I use the quick cooking kind)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts- i use walnuts
- Put raisens in a bowl, pour hot water over them and let soak til plump, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour,spices, salt and soda in a seperate bowl.
- In your mixer bowl, cream butter and sugars over med speed.
- Add eggs one at a time and then vanilla.
- Scrape bowl well and remix 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture slowly over low speed, once all is in, turn back up to med speed.
- Scrape bowl again, then add coconut and oats, one cup at a time.
- Add nuts and then raisens over low speed.
- Using a #40 cookie scoop(3/4 oz) dish cookies out on parchment covered cookie sheets, dozen to a pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes til just brown, and soft in the middle. For best results, turn cookie sheets around half way through baking time.