Recipe by ellie3763
i found this recipe on alpineberry's blog: http://alpineberry.blogspot.com/2006/08/nutella-cookies.html i must have made the cookies a lot smaller than her because i got twice as many! they ended up being about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. i made a few slight changes, but nothing substantial... Mm! delicious! i didn't use the hazelnuts because i didn't have any on hand, but they would add good texture i'm sure
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
- 103.53 ml unsalted butter, at room temp
- 158.51 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml light brown sugar
- 158.51 ml nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 177.44 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml toasted & skinned hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract.
- Mix in egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Refridgerate dough for about 15 minutes. Either drop small balls of dough or use hands to roll 1-inch diameter balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to cooling racks.