1 hr 5 mins
I'm not a fan of dark chocolate and got bored one day, so I made these chewy milk chocolate brownies. It's not the easiest recipe in the world, but if you like milk chocolate, they are pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip egg whites on high speed in a mixer and add cream of tartar. Whip until white and foamy and the peaks are fairly stiff. Citric acid/any other acid could be used in place of cream of tartar. The acid isn't needed, but helps to stabalize the foam.
- 2Dissolve the sugar in the water and heat on a thick-bottomed sauce pan. Allow it to boil until it thickens significantly. It shouldn't brown or burn, but it should be close to that state. It should be in the "soft ball" state.
- 3Turn mixer back on high with the egg whites and slowly add the sugar mixture to this.
- 4Melt the butter, add the chocolate chips, cocoa and salt to a sauce pan. Heat on low until everything is melted.
- 5Slowly fold in the sifted flour. Mix until just incorporated.
- 6Slowly fold the egg white mixture into the batter. Do not over mix this.
- 7Pour the batter into a greased 13"x9" pan.
- 8Bake at 350F until it passes the toothpick test. I actually prefer mine under cooked.
- 9Let cool and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Milk Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 181.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g