Recipe by P4
These cookies are absolutely delicious and absolutely addictive! I keep rolls of it on hand in the freezer and just slice off as many as I want to bake at one time. They never last long. My 2 year old LOVES them. Another winner from FC...
Top Review by katewa44
Wow, these cookies are delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and the cookies baked up perfectly. I used walnuts (fresh from my tree) instead of pecans. For those of you who said the cookies spread too much - did you try chilling the dough before baking? If the butter/margarine/shortening is too soft when you add it, the cookies will spread more in the oven. Also, you should always make sure the cookie sheets have cooled before putting more cookie dough on them.
- 6 3⁄4 ounces all-purpose flour (1 1/2 c.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dried cranberries (1 1/3 c.)
- 5 ounces chopped pecans (about 1 c.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven to 350 degrees F.
- (if baking right away).
- Line sheet pans with parchment.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (not including sugars), then stir in the oats.
- Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, then scrape down the bowl; add the honey and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating each until well combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- At this point, you can either bake, or freeze.
- To freeze, just scrape the dough onto plastic wrap, roll into a log, wrap tightly, and freeze until ready to bake.
- Then just take them out of the freezer, let sit for about 15 minutes, then slice into 3/16" thick slices and bake as directed.
- To bake immediately: drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on parchment lined sheet pans.
- Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft and no longer look wet; about 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.