Recipe by Lieutenant Ducky
These cookies are exactly what the title says: really soft and chewy, and with the right variations, chunky too. With the last two and a half cups, you can choose whatever you want, I've just listed what I usually do, but could really do anything you want with these, adding dried fruit, nuts, seeds, smarties... whatever. If you're a purist, you could just do however much of chocolate chips, and add a bit more flour to fill in for the rest. Be creative!
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, not packed
- 59.14 ml white sugar (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 158.51 ml chocolate chips
- 158.51 ml oats
- 158.51 ml unsweetened coconut
- 118.29 ml crushed almonds
- nuts or dried fruit or seeds, whatever you choose
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the butter and sugar until fluffy, then add the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, then stir in chips, oats, coconut, almonds, or whatever you chose.
- Preheat the oven for 375ºF.
- Prepare a baking sheet- cover it with parchment, or grease it lightly.
- Drop the cookies by heaping tablespoons onto the sheet/s, then bake for 8-10 minutes, until just browning along the very edges.
- Let cool on wire racks, store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy your new creation! :).