- nonstick cooking spray, with flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almonds or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup smucker's cherry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 8-inch square baking pan with baking spray.
- Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl until fluffy, beat in vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and oats until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/4 cup mixture; pat remaining mixture in bottom of prepared pan.
- Dot preserves over crumb crust in pan; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake until brown; 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.