1/3 Photos of Chewy Banana Oatmeal Bread (A*b*m)
Caroline Cooks's Note:
A low-rise dense, yeasty and different banana bread. Makes the best stuffed French Toast; see photo. From William Sonoma's The Bread Machine Cookbook with an addition of raisins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients except raisins in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 2Place raisins in dispenser, if available, or set for fruits/nuts.
- 3Use sweet bread and medium crust settings.
- 4To make Banana Bread Stuffed French Toast:.
- 5Slice bread in very thick slices.
- 6Cut pocket in slices.
- 7Mix cream cheese and a little milk to make spread. Add a dash of vanilla.
- 9Spoon about 1-2 teas. into pocket; mash edge slightly to close. Beat egg(s) with a little water in shallow pan.
- 10Heat unsalted butter in heavy skillet or electric griddle over MEDIUM-HIGH until it stops foaming.
- 11Dip bread slices in egg mixture; coat both side.
- 12Cook French Toast on each side until golden brown.
- 13Remove to warm plate and serve with melted jam of choice.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Banana Oatmeal Bread (A*b*m)
Serving Size: 1 (1035 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1779.1
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1563.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 318.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.7 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 50.0 g