Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A low-rise dense, yeasty and different banana bread. Makes the best stuffed French Toast; see photo. From William Sonoma's The Bread Machine Cookbook with an addition of raisins.
Top Review by BestTeenChef
This was great! I put it in my bread machine the night before and put the timer on so in the morning i woke up to this delcious smell of the bread baking! Really chewy(but in good way!) Thanks for sharing the recipe Caroline Cooks!
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups oats
- 2 2⁄3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except raisins in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place raisins in dispenser, if available, or set for fruits/nuts.
- Use sweet bread and medium crust settings.
- To make Banana Bread Stuffed French Toast:.
- Slice bread in very thick slices.
- Cut pocket in slices.
- Mix cream cheese and a little milk to make spread. Add a dash of vanilla.
- Spoon about 1-2 teas. into pocket; mash edge slightly to close. Beat egg(s) with a little water in shallow pan.
- Heat unsalted butter in heavy skillet or electric griddle over MEDIUM-HIGH until it stops foaming.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture; coat both side.
- Cook French Toast on each side until golden brown.
- Remove to warm plate and serve with melted jam of choice.