A low-rise dense, yeasty and different banana bread. Makes the best stuffed French Toast; see photo. From William Sonoma's The Bread Machine Cookbook with an addition of raisins.
- Place all ingredients except raisins in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place raisins in dispenser, if available, or set for fruits/nuts.
- Use sweet bread and medium crust settings.
- To make Banana Bread Stuffed French Toast:.
- Slice bread in very thick slices.
- Cut pocket in slices.
- Mix cream cheese and a little milk to make spread. Add a dash of vanilla.
- Spoon about 1-2 teas. into pocket; mash edge slightly to close. Beat egg(s) with a little water in shallow pan.
- Heat unsalted butter in heavy skillet or electric griddle over MEDIUM-HIGH until it stops foaming.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture; coat both side.
- Cook French Toast on each side until golden brown.
- Remove to warm plate and serve with melted jam of choice.