Recipe by MarieRynr
A cheese flavoured potato soup, often served as a quick meal.
Top Review by tkdipak
I am a guy and an occasional cook - I tried this out, and it was wonderful and so simple. I didn't have oatmeal, so I ground some breakfast oats, and it worked! I imagine you can substitute the cheshire with your favorite ripened cheese, and it will be just as wonderful. Thank you so much for this recipe!
- 1 pint pork stock
- 10 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced (weighed after peeling)
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce pinhead oats
- 2 ounces grated cheese, preferably Cheshire
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the stock into a large saucepan, add the potatoes, leeks, carrots and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle in the oatmeal and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until soup has thickened.
- Just before serving stir in half the cheese.
- Pour into 4 soup bowls, sprinkle on the remaining cheese and serve with crusty rolls or bread.