Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A cheese flavoured potato soup, often served as a quick meal.
- 1 pint pork stock
- 10 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced (weighed after peeling)
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce pinhead oats
- 2 ounces grated cheese, preferably Cheshire
- Put the stock into a large saucepan, add the potatoes, leeks, carrots and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Sprinkle in the oatmeal and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until soup has thickened.
- Just before serving stir in half the cheese.
- Pour into 4 soup bowls, sprinkle on the remaining cheese and serve with crusty rolls or bread.