Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
Make and share this Cherry-Topped Brownie Dessert Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/3 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 lb) container vanilla frosting
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13x9 inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, stir brownie ingredients until well blended with spoon. Spread in pan.
- Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.
- To serve, spoon pie filling over top. Cut into squares.