Recipe by Boca Pat
These can be made ahead, just shape the meatballs, cover and refrigerate. They're great as appetizers, or for your main meal.
Top Review by Ms B.
These are a great appetizer served with horseradish sauce. I used grape tomatoes, seasoned bread crumbs, and Italian seasoning (instead of just oregano). In the future, I would up the amount of onion, or add a bit of onion powder. My meatballs didn't brown well in the oven for 25 minutes. Therefore, I tossed them with some browning sauce mixed with water and baked for an additional 10 minutes. We had a Sunday afternoon of snacks, instead of lunch and this fit the bill perfectly.
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs (1 slice bread)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (skim or low fat is ok)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (minced)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 12 cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beaten egg, bread crumbs, milk, onion, salt, oregeno and pepper; add the ground beef and mix well.
- Shape about 1/4 cup of meat mixture evenly around each cherry tomato to form round meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a 13X9X2 baking pan; bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes.