Recipe by ChrisM
I found these on foodnetwork.com and they are great. They are also really easy to make.
Top Review by Heidi in Wisconsin
Worked really well. I used strawberry jello and blue raspberry jello as they were on hand...worked great! I made a couple batches. Make sure you heat the mixture up to 275, otherwise the suckers don't harden. VERY tasty and easy.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry gelatin
- non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter two cookie sheets.
- Arrange half of the lollipop sticks on each and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir butter, sugar, and corn syrup together until sugar has dissolved.
- Slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Insert a candy thermometer into syrup and continue cooking until temperature reaches 275 degrees.
- Stir in gelatin until smooth.
- Remove from heat. (This sugar syrup is very hot and can cause a painful burn!)
- Using a metal tablespoon and working quickly, drop heaping spoonfuls of lollipop syrup on end of each lollipop stick.
- Flatten into a circle shape with metal spatula sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap each sucker in plastic wrap and store in an air tight container.