Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to make Cherry Streusel cake. Good for breakfast or at church gatherings!
Make and share this Cherry Streusel recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesof jiffy yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 ounces active dry yeast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 -3 tablespoons water (start with 2)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, add one box of yellow cake mix with yeast and flour.
- Add eggs, water and beat for 2 minutes.
- Spread in greased 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Spoon pie filling over batter. Spread randomly.
- Melt margarine and add second box of yellow cake mix to make streusel topping. Topping should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over the top of the batter and pie filling.
- Sprinkle a light layer of sugar over the top of the cake, about 2-3 T.
- Bake cake for approximately 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Don't over bake. There might be a small amount of filling clinging to the toothpick.
- Mix together powdered sugar, corn syrup and water to make glaze. When glaze has proper consistency, drizzle it over the top of the cake after it has cooled.