Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the Creative Gourmet site...
- 250 g dark chocolate or 250 g milk chocolate
- 300 ml thickened cream, at room temperature
- 6 eggs, separated
- sugar (optional) or sugar syrup (optional)
- 300 g pitted frozen cherries
- Line a large (23cm x 13cm x 6cm) loaf pan, cake pan, or mould, with plastic wrap leaving a good length of wrap hanging over the sides.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl with 1/4 cup cream over boiling water (or in the microwave for about 90 seconds on 100% power).
- Beat well together and cool.
- Lightly whip remaining cream.
- Whisk egg yolks together and beat into chocolate with cream and sugar.
- Stiffly beat egg whites and whisk into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in frozen cherries.
- Wrap securely in plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Serve sliced.