Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not a big ice cream fan so I always have to have something with it or I don't eat it. This is perfect to couple with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tart red cherries, water packed and pitted, well drained
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, milk, and oil.
- Pour into a greased, shallow 3qt baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine cherries, food coloring, extract and remaining sugar.
- Spoon over batter and bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until tests done.
- Serve warm with ice cream.