Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My granny made this, we love it. It has the consistency of an old fashion date pudding. We eat with or without milk, icing sugar or granulated work as a nice topper.
- Mix first 5 ingredients.
- Roll out dough.
- Spread drained cherries onto dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Roll up and wrap loosely in a clean cloth (plain cotton muslin will do) and pin together.
- Carefully place in boiling water and boil for at least 30 minutes.
- (Dough will be a bit slimy, not flaky, for obvious reasons.)
- Serve in a bowl with milk (can add a sprinkle of nutmeg and sugar if desired).
- Can be eaten hot or cold.