Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This sounds great, and I can't wait to try it. I LOVE cherries!
- 3 cups steel cut oats or 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 8 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen cherries (trader joes)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot, cook on high 4 hours.
- If you are using old fashioned oat, cook on top of the stove and follow the usual cooking times.
I made this with fresh cherries and it was so good! I don't have steel cut oats, so I used the regular kind, made on the stove. Also, I just used a tiny bit of sweetener. Yum!