Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is another adaption of my earlier recipe "delicious tea scones." This is one of my favorite recipes because of its easiness and the result is so good! The scones have a great crumb, are very pretty, and really delicious. You won't regret giving them a try!!
- Combine the sugar, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Work butter in with hands or a pastry cutter, add the egg and milk together with the cherries, stir until just moist and holding together.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and flatten it into a 2" high circle.
- Cut out 6-8 wedges, and place on a parchment papered cookies sheet
- at least an inch apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown at 425ºF. Let cool on a wire rack.
- lemon glaze:.
- measure out sugar, add lemon juice and 1 teaspoon hot water. Stir to a drizzle consistency. Add second teaspoon of water if needed.
- Spoon drizzle on to scones, enjoy!
I loved the way these just had a hint of sweetness from the maraschino cherries. They were good both with and without the glaze - (I couldn't wait). I used my scone pan, and that made 10 scones. The recipe was easy and the scones are a nice treat for breakfast, with dinner, or just as a snack. Made for Fall 09 PAC.