Recipe by Kristie-cakes
This dessert is light and filling, best in summer or for comfort food! Really tasty and adaptable.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the sugar and eggs together until white and creamy.
- Fold in the flour with a metal spoon one table spoonful at a time.
- Pour the mixture into either mini cake tins or 2 medium sized tins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Take out of the oven and leave on a cooling rack.
- Wash the cherries thoroughly, cut in half and take out the pips.
- Whip the cream and using a piping bag, pipe the cream evenly on one layer and add cherries accordingly.
- Place the other sponge on-top and pipe cream and arrange cherries.