Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dessert is light and filling, best in summer or for comfort food! Really tasty and adaptable.
Make and share this Cherry Gateaux recipe from Food.com.
- Cream the sugar and eggs together until white and creamy.
- Fold in the flour with a metal spoon one table spoonful at a time.
- Pour the mixture into either mini cake tins or 2 medium sized tins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Take out of the oven and leave on a cooling rack.
- Wash the cherries thoroughly, cut in half and take out the pips.
- Whip the cream and using a piping bag, pipe the cream evenly on one layer and add cherries accordingly.
- Place the other sponge on-top and pipe cream and arrange cherries.
This nice cake is NOT LOW FAT - the egg yolks have considerable fat and the lovely double cream is High Fat. Never the less, this is a wonderful concoction.