This dessert is light and filling, best in summer or for comfort food! Really tasty and adaptable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the sugar and eggs together until white and creamy.
- 2Fold in the flour with a metal spoon one table spoonful at a time.
- 3Pour the mixture into either mini cake tins or 2 medium sized tins.
- 4Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Take out of the oven and leave on a cooling rack.
- 5Wash the cherries thoroughly, cut in half and take out the pips.
- 6Whip the cream and using a piping bag, pipe the cream evenly on one layer and add cherries accordingly.
- 7Place the other sponge on-top and pipe cream and arrange cherries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Gateaux
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.7
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 328.5 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 40.5 g
- Protein 13.3 g