Recipe by Mercy
I found this in the deep, dark confines of my cookbook. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjell-o cherry gelatin
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Boil to hard ball stage.
- Beat two egg whites and beat in the gelatin powder.
- Pour the hot syrup slowly over the beaten egg whites.
- Beat everything together.
- Add the chopped nuts and coconut.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- Cut into squares when cool.