Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Mix first 4 ingredients for topping; set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat eggs until fluffy, slowly add sugar, beating well.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread half in greased 9x9 baking pan.
- Top with pie filling.
- Add remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes.