Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Summer is here and all our favourites are in abundance. I love the lighter eating days of summer. Chill any leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons frozen lime juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest (use the above fresh limes to get zest)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, to your taste
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups fresh sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn remove stems if you wish
- 1 cup jicama, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped (decrease or omit if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- In a small saucepan, combine dressing ingredients, heat to a boil, stirring to mix, set dressing aside to cool.
- In a large glass serving bowl, combine slaw mix, tossing to combine.
- Pour cool dressing over slaw, tossing to coat.