Recipe by kris in ks
My mother has been making this recipe for years. It's great to take to a potluck and also for holiday buffets.
- 1 (1 lb) can bing cherry, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup cola (Coke or Pepsi)
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry Jell-O
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, grated
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain cherries, saving liquid.
- Combine cherry syrup, cola, and enough water to equal 2 cups.
- Pour over jello mix, stirring until disolved.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold in rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into 8" square pan.
- Chill until firm.