Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Mother in law makes this every holiday! We love it! The time does not include set time.
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke
- 1 can pineapple chunks, cut in half or 1 can pineapple tidbits
- Place pie filling, sugar, water, and juice from the pineapples in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add Jello and Coke.
- Simmer over low heat until all foam is gone.
- Add pineapple to top mixture Chill until set.
- Remember to use a large pan!
I made this for dessert with dinner tonight. This jello salad is very easy to prepare and has a very nice taste and texture. The only thing I did different was I used light,sugar free, and diet products instead of the regular ones. Thank you for sharing.
Very yummy salad. I had crushed pineapple, so I let the basic recipe set up in a 9x13 glass pan, then mixed the pineapple with Cool-Whip and frosted the jello with that. Very good...a definite keeper.