1/2 Photos of Cherry Cloud Tiramisu
1 hr 2 mins
Moist white cake, dressed with a light & fluffy cream, sweetened just enough to compliment tart fresh cherries. With reduced-sugar cake mix & Splenda brown sugar, it's a diabetic friendly dessert that doesn't look like it at the table. Prep time does not include chilling time. Created for RSC #12.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) reduced-sugar white cake mix (I used Pillsbury brand in Classic White)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (I used Starbucks brand brewed at home)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese (I used Mozzarella Fresco brand)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping (I used Cool Whip brand)
- 3 cups fresh cherries (approximately 36 whole cherries)
- 1 ounce BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, grated
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8' round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In mixer bowl, combine cake mix, egg whites, water & oil. Mix on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes. Pour evenly into prepared pans & bake at 350 degrees for 27-32 minutes or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack.
- 3Meanwhile, in small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine hot coffee & Splenda. Set aside to dissolve.
- 4Slice 2 cups of cherries in half, removing & discarding pit, then chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- 5In mixer bowl, beat together mascarpone cheese & powdered sugar. Add almond extract & coffee mixture, mixing well. Fold in whipped topping.
- 6In large glass trifle bowl (or other deep-sided dish), crumble one cake layer into bite-sized pieces & spread over the bottom of the bowl.
- 7Gently spread half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the cake.
- 8Sprinkle half of the chopped cherries on top of the mascarpone & top with all of the grated chocolate.
- 9Crumble second cake layer over everything & gently spread the rest of the mascarpone mixture on top. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 10Slice all but 2 cherries in half, remove & discard pits. Arrange the sliced cherries, cut side down, in a circular pattern around the outside edge of the mascarpone. Put the two whole cherries in center of bowl. Serve & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Cloud Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sugar white cake mix