Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a divinely wicked, rich pudding that brings cherries together with dark chocolate and the soft bitter scent of almond liqueur and amaretti biscuits. Recipe from Sophie Grigson.
- 1 lb cherries
- 25 g golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons disaronno almond liqueur
- 1 (284 ml) carton whipping cream
- 100 g amaretti, coarsely crushed
- 25 g chocolate, coarsely grated (put in the freezer for a good half an hour before grating, so it doesn't melt all over your fingers)
- Set aside 4 or 6 shapely cherries complete with stems.
- Stone the remainder and mix with the sugar and liqueur.
- cover and leave to macerate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Just before you are ready to serve, lightly whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Fold in the amaretti biscuits.
- Divide about a third of the cherries between 4 large or 6 smaller glasses, covering the cherries.
- Scatter over about half the grated chocolate.
- Repeat these layers until all the remaining cherries, cream and chocolate are used up.
- Top each glass with one of the reserved charries and serve.