Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can use any flavor of preserves with this..wonderful!
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cream butter, brown sugar till well combined.
- Blend in flour and almonds till mixture is crumbly.reserve 1 cup loosely packed crumbs for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into bottom of ungreased 8" square pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes till crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly while doing filling.
- Spread cherry preserves over crust and cover with cheese filling.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs evenly over filling.
- bake 25 minutes longer.
- cool and cut into bars.
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:.
- combine all ingredients and beat till smooth.