1/1 Photo of Cherry Almond Butter Cookies
These delicious morsels are from the Company's Coming Cookbook called Baking Simple To Sensational and they are sensational! It looks like a lot of butter, but it does not make the cookie salty or too crumbly. The recipe says to put the almonds on top, but I chopped them and put them into the cookie. I'm making these for Christmas and freezing them. I figured the almonds on top would come off once they're put in the freezer. Prep time does not include chill time. The book says it makes 72--I got about 60.I used glace cherries in mine.Almond extract would be nice in these also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat first 4 ingredients in large bowl until light and creamy.
- 2Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl.
- 3Add to butter mixture in 2 batches, alternating with cherries, stirring well after each addition.
- 4Divide mixture into 3 equal portions.
- 5Shape each into 1 1/2 inch diameter roll.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap.
- 7Chill for at least 3 hours until firm.
- 8Cut each roll into 1/3 inch thick slices.
- 9Arrange about 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
- 10Gently press 2 or 3 slivered almonds into each cookie.
- 11Bake in 350F oven for about 10 minutes until just golden.
- 12Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- 13Cool cookie sheets between batches if using more than once.
- 14Makes about 6 dozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Almond Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 57.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: