princess buttercup's Note:
A Native American recipe to add to you Thanksgiving table. Would be yummy with honey butter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, baking soda, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- 2Pour oil and milk into a measuring cup (do not stir).
- 3Add to yams and blend well.
- 4Add to flour mixture and mix lightly with fork (until mixture holds together) Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead until smooth (about 12 kneading strokes).
- 5Roll dough about 1/4" thick and cut into rounds with floured biscuit cutter (or rim of drinking glass) Place rounds on a baking sheet.
- 6Bake at 425º for 10-20 minutes.
- 7Serve hot, or split when cold and toast.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherokee Yam Cakes (biscuits)
Serving Size: 1 (835 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 379.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g