3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
I haven't tried this Native American recipe, but it looks very tasty and simple. Good for a cold afternoon? Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g short rib of beef
- 1892.0 ml water
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped in large chunks
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cubed
- 118.29 ml potato, diced
- 118.29 ml carrot, sliced
- 118.29 ml corn kernel
- 59.14 ml celery, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Put meat in a large soup kettle and cover with water until it is about 1 inch higher than the meat.
- 2Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- 4Remove meat, let cool.
- 5Discard bones, returning meat to pot.
- 6Put in all vegetables, cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherokee Pepperpot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 60.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g