Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I bought some really nice organic rhubarb from my local cooperative and wanted to make a tasty dessert with it. I decided on a cobbler. I added some organic frozen strawberries to the recipe and some strawberry extract. Its baking in the oven now and the house smells delicious!
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries (thawed and chopped)
- 4 cups diced rhubarb (organic)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (raw cane)
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine (vegan & chopped in small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (light)
- 1 egg substitute
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 (3 ounce) package vegan gelatin
- Heat oven to 350'F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together rhubarb, strawberries, 1 cup sugar and margarine.
- Spread in a 13x9 inch oven proof dish.
- In another medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, oil, egg replacer, flour, baking powder, milk and dry gelatin. Mix well with a whisk.
- Pour the sugar mixture evenly over the fruit and bake for 1 hour or until set. The crust should be golden and the fruit bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in the fridge.
- Bon Appetit.