Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy appetizer, or would make a great accompaniment to grilled steak or berbecue.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 3⁄4 cup garlic & herb spreadable cheese, divided (like Alouette or Boursin)
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- 1 small red onion
- 1 (8 inch) zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch thick rounds, divided
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick spray. Unroll dough onto parchment.
- SPread half of herb cheese over 1 long half of dough, leaving 1/2" plain border. Sprinkle with half of Parmesan and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Using parchment paper as an aid, fold plain half of dough over filled half (do not seal edges). Spread remaining herb cheese over top; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Remove enough of outer layers of onion to yield 2" in diameter core; cut into 1/8" thick rounds.
- Arrange 1 row of zucchini down long side of dough. Arrange onion rounds in row alongside zucchini. Arrane 1 more row of zucchini alongside onion.
- Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake bread until puffed and deep brown at edges, about 24 minutes. SPrinkle with 1 tbsp parsley.
This is pretty good, however next time I'd use more red onion and zucchini. It is a good lunch paired with a tossed salad.