Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my favorite meals that my mom makes. I like to use the cheese made with 2% milk though, and steam extra veggies for it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots
- Chop broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
- Steam broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots until tender, and set aside.
- Dice onion, and soften in large soup pot with olive oil and flour.
- Add milk slowly to onion, stirring.
- Cube velveeta and add to pot, stirring until fully melted.
- Add steamed vegetables to cheesy base, and serve.