Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from "Any Blonde Can Cook."
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn and remove from heat.
- Melt butter in separate saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Add warmed milk slowly until thick.
- Add cheese until melted, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir cheese sauce into veggies.
- Warm slowly.