Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found a recipe that I LOVED but DH and I are trying to cut back on fat and calories. This is so good, you won't miss the fat! (servings are for a side dish (half potato each) we like to do two halves each and have a salad for dinner.
- Preheat broiler to high set oven rack on next to highest level.
- Wash & dry potatoes and pierce all over with a fork.
- Microwave potatoes on high about 10 minutes until soft(microwaves vary, start checking after 6-7 minutes).
- in the mean time, cook turkey bacon on top of stove until crispy, drain on papertowel then crumble.
- Carefully, cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out middle leaving a 'potato boat' place the 'middles' into a bowl and add warm milk, ranch, bacon, scallions and half of the cheese. Mix well.
- spoon filling back into potatoes and top each with equal amount of remaining cheese.
- place on a foil lined sheet under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or just until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the filing is warm.
I love ranch dressing on my baked potates so I just had to try these. These were so good! I used real bacon bits to cut down on prep time. Yum!