Recipe by English_Rose
This clever vegetarian lasagna only needs five ingredients and is so quick and easy to make. Plus it counts as two portions to your five-a-day and it tastes delicious too! You could use homemade or ready-made pancakes instead of tortillas if you prefer. Refrigerate any lasagna leftovers and eat within 2 days, or wrap and freeze for up to 2 months.
- 9 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 6 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- mixed salad green, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grate the cheese onto a board and divide into six equal portions.
- Pack the spinach into a large saucepan and add a little water. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins until the leaves have wilted. Drain well, squeezing out the excess moisture. Cool for a few minutes
- Place one tortilla wrap on a greased baking sheet. Spread 2-3tbsp of pasta sauce over the surface, then arrange one third of the spinach on top, season, then sprinkle with one pile of grated cheese. Place a second tortilla on top, spread with pasta sauce and arrange sliced tomatoes over the surface, sprinkling them with more cheese. Repeat the layers until the ingredients are used up, topping the final tortilla with just grated cheese and tomato slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes Cool for 5 mins, then cut into slices. Serve with mixed salad leaves.