Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy tasty way of getting kids to eat their veggies!
Make and share this Cheesy Tomato Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2in cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2in cubes
- 6 ounces arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 14 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra
- cheddar cheese, to serve
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add onion, carrot and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until softened.
- Add rice and stir to coat grains, then add stock and tomatoes. Bring to boil, then return heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until nearly all liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese and stand for 5 minutes. Serve in bowls, topped with extra cheese.