Easy tasty way of getting kids to eat their veggies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2in cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2in cubes
- 6 ounces arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 14 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra
- cheddar cheese, to serve
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- 2Add onion, carrot and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until softened.
- 3Add rice and stir to coat grains, then add stock and tomatoes. Bring to boil, then return heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes until nearly all liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese and stand for 5 minutes. Serve in bowls, topped with extra cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Tomato Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.5
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 996.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 33.2 g