Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love anything "taco" and anything "casserole" and found this on Pinterest (of course). I gave my dad some because he is a vegatarian and he really liked it! I like to spice mine up a bit and play around with the spices and this is a very easy base recipe to do that with!
- 2 cups cooked rice (cook 1 c dry rice with 2 c water for a 2 c rice yield)
- 12 ounces salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (about 1/2 packet of commercially prepared taco seasonings, or the whole packet if you want extra tac)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 c diced veggies such as carrot, bell peppers, olives, mushrooms, onions (whatever you add to tacos)
- beans (red, black, pinto, etc or use salsa that is corn and bean based)
- After cooking the rice, combine all the other ingredients with the rice in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a foil-lined 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 shreeded cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 F for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until cheese and the top is beginning to brown.
- *If you added extra beans, veggies, or your salsa was watery, this could lengthen cooking time.
- Allow casserole to rest and cool for about 10 minutes to make slicing easier.
- ~ Store leftovers in fridge or freeze squares in individual sized containers in the freezer for your a homemade, fast, “tv dinner”.