Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made and *LOVED* Cheesy Jalapeno Bread (Abm) - absolutely loved it! So, I wanted to combine my favourite other bread, multi-grain, with this recipe, as well as tweak it a bit, because I and several reviewers found it not quite hot enough - almost as if the finely chopped jalapenos were lost in the loaf! I hope you like what I came up with!
- 12.32 ml bread machine yeast or 12.32 ml fast rising yeast
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 29.58 ml poppy seeds (plus 1 tsp for topping, if desired)
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds (plus 1 tsp for topping, if desired)
- 29.58 ml old-fashioned oatmeal (large flake, plus 1 tsp for topping, if desired)
- 29.58 ml sunflower seeds (plus 1 tsp for topping, if desired)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml oil
- 283.49 g warm water
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, sharp, cubed or 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded
- 368.54 g jar jalapeno peppers, drained (use 1/2 to 1 full jar, based on your heat preference)
- 29.58 ml cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded
- Place yeast, flour, seeds, oatmeal, salt, sugar, oil, and water in bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough, and knread 1 cup cheese and jalapenos (well drained and dried) into dough. I make the process easier by taking chunks of the dough and placing them into a bowl, a couple at a time, topping with cheese and jalapenos, and repeating until all dough, cheese, and jalapenos are gone - and then gently kneading.
- Form into a loaf, and place into a lined 9x5 bread pan (I line mine with parchment paper.) Alternatively, you could grease and flour the pan - just be aware that the cheese can stick really well, so it's best to line the pan! Top with shredded cheddar and additional grains/oatmeal.
- Allow loaf to rise until doubled, approximately 45 minutes. Set oven to 375°F When loaf is doubled, bake for 35-45 minutes, until browned and until the loaf sounds hollow when you knock on the bottom of it.
Definitely delicious! Moist. I cubed the cheddar. Mixed cheddar and jalapeno into middle and poked it in. Thanks katzen for sharing. Made for December Veggie Swap.
Great flavors! My cheese was soft and cubed pretty soon when I added it and it sort of melted into the bread. I added half of the seeds into the dough and attempted unsuccessfully to get the rest on top - should have put more into the dough as there were quite a few left over. I shaped mine into a round loaf and then placed onto a pizza stone sprinkled with polenta to prevent sticking.