Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and delicious side dish that I make all the time to serve with Mexican food. I know it's not authentic, but my family loves it!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water (or broth)
- 1 cup salsa (more or less to your taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more or less to your taste)
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice according to your preference. (I use a rice steamer.).
- When rice is done, quickly add salsa, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Additional cheese may be sprinkled on top.
So simple yet so good! Thanks for sharing
Easy and tasty, a great fast side dish. I love that it is easily customizable to taste and what's on hand. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
Simple and delicious :-) My husband and son both loved it - For ZWT8