Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My aunt gave me this recipe and I've been making it for buffet dinners since the early 1980s.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup creamy cottage cheese
- 3 (4 ounce) cansmild chopped green chilies
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- lightly grease 12 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Saute chopped onion in butter for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, green chilies, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer half of rice mixture in baking dish and cover with 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese. Repeat with rice and end with top layer of 1 cup grated cheddar.
- Baked uncovered for 25 minutes or until bubbly hot.