Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe that everyone will love. It is so easy and very yummy!!! A great side dish while entertaining. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs idaho potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a medium baking dish with butter.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with an overlapping layer of potatoes.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and top with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Continue layering potatoes, seasoning, and cheese, ending with the remaining cheese on top.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes, pressing lightly with your hands to cover the potatoes with cream.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese is absorbed into the potatoes and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until the mixture is bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into portions.
Very simple and full of flavor. Will make again!
I was leary about the flavor of this. I was expecting it to be bland, but it was exactly the opposite. So full of flavor - and such a wonderful flavor. I made this a couple weeks ago when my in-laws were visiting and it was a huge hit. I've been dreaming of it ever since. It's time to make it again. Definately a keeper. Thanks so much.
This was very tasty and so simple to make. I had to cook mine a little longer that the stated time, but we really enjoyed this with our grilled fish dinner. Thanks for posting.