Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom (otherwise known as Aunt Kath7) has been making these potatoes since we were kids! They are a favorite at every get-together.
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (can omit these)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed corn flake crumbs
- Mix frozen hash brown potatoes with cream of chicken soup, 1/2 stick margarine/butter (melted), sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onions (can omit these), and pepper.
- Spread into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix 1/2 stick butter with 2 cups crushed corn flake crumbs and sprinkle on top.(optional if you are watching calories).
- Bake at 350°F for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- I quite often make this in my crock pot.
- Alrighty now, I am hungry for these!
Spring PAC 2008: YUM!! I love comfort food and this did not disappoint us! It was delicious!
What more can be said about cheesy potatoes?! MMMMMMMMMM Thanks for posting! These were delicious! :)