Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Have served this at a recent dinner party..enjoyed by all.
- 3 medium potatoes, grated
- 1 medium onion, grated (I use a red onion)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet
- cooking spray
- Combine potatoes, onion, cheese, thyme, stock, pepper and egg yolk in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken breasts on wire rack over an oven tray.
- Press potato mixture on top of chicken; coat potato mixture with the cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, in a hot oven about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Then place under grill until topping is browned.
This was ok...if I could give it a 3.5 stars I would, but it doesnt deserve a 3 star rating. It needed more spices than what was in it. It was a little bland, and not really cheesy at all. I Am going to make it again and add some garlic and more thyme to it, and season the chicken breasts also. But it did taste ok...just not as flavorful as I would have expected.