Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
There is nothing more filling or comforting than this on a cold winter day.
Make and share this Cheesy Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 8 cups half-and-half cream
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, melted
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried
- garlic powder
- Cook diced potatoes until about 3/4 done, set aside.
- Combine margarine and flour in stockpot, mix until smooth.
- Gradually add half& half over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add melted Velveeta, stir well.
- Add potatoes, stir in other ingredients except bacon.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls for serving, crumble bacon on top.