Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is SO EASY to make and it's so delicious. The sour cream and soup make it very creamy.
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbells cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups French fried onion rings
- Mix together all ingredients except onions.
- Mix together well and put into a casserole dish.
- Cook on 350 until top is brown and bubbly.
- Now put the onions on top and some more cheddar cheese if desired and cook only a few moments longer.
- The onions will burn if they are in too long.
This is a very tasty potato recipe. I followed the instructions it was very easy to make. I used hash browns with onion and green peppers already mixed. Also FF butter, sour cream and cheddar cheese. To cut the calories and fat content. I had some for breakfast the next day, a great side dish for any meal. Thanks for posting.
I made this last night and was pleased with the results. I wasn't sure where the onions go since the recipe states to mix all ingredients and then to put onions on top. I ended up putting the onions on top and not mixed in. I also melted the butter for ease in mixing. This recipe would also taste great with some onion added in. It would be a great breakfast recipe as well.