Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I never tried this recipe, but it sounds neat so I am posting it. 8)
- 5 matzos
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce & mushrooms
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Wet the matzos lightly with water.
- Fit 2 1/2 matzos on bottom of pan.
- Cover the matzos with half the tomato sauce.
- Arrange cheese slices over sauce.
- Cover cheese with remaining matzos and pour remaining sauce all over.
- Sprinkle with onion and garlic powder.
- Beat eggs with milk then pour over the matzos.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until custard is set.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.