Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great dish to serve with tortillas. My hubby loves it!
- 2 cups uncooked rice, can be done ahead of time
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, can be done ahead of time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small green peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- In a medium pot prepare rice according to instructions.
- WHile cooking put 1/2 tbsp butter in another pan and brown chicken, and then reduce heat and cook until done, turning every 5 minutes.
- In another pan, put the rest of butter and throw in peppers, onion, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until peppers are tender.
- Then cut up chicken and mix rice, chicken and veggies together in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream and spread in a 9x13 inch baking dish, I usually use a 9x13 dish and a 7x11 dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- We really like this with tortillas and hot sauce, but can stand on its own.