Cheesy Pepper Chicken and Rice Casserole
- In a medium pot prepare rice according to instructions.
- WHile cooking put 1/2 tbsp butter in another pan and brown chicken, and then reduce heat and cook until done, turning every 5 minutes.
- In another pan, put the rest of butter and throw in peppers, onion, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until peppers are tender.
- Then cut up chicken and mix rice, chicken and veggies together in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream and spread in a 9x13 inch baking dish, I usually use a 9x13 dish and a 7x11 dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- We really like this with tortillas and hot sauce, but can stand on its own.